ASIA PACIFIC BOND FUND INFO
BENEFITS OF INVESTING IN THE ASIA PACIFIC BOND FUND
Investing in the new Asia Pacific Bond Fund provides the following benefits:
- ACCESS to the Growing ASIA PACIFIC Fixed Income Market
- Investment in a USD fund with a target average credit quality of A-
- Maintain investment in US DOLLARS and at the same time participate in the potential APPRECIATION of Asian currencies
- Opportunity for DIVERSIFICATION to enhance investment without taking higher credit risk
- Manulife Asset Management (Hong Kong) Limited to expertly manage your portfolio
WHAT IS ASIA PACIFIC BOND FUND?
Manulife’s Asia Pacific Bond Fund (APBF) is a USD-denominated unit-linked fund designed to maximize total returns over a medium-to-long term period from a combination of capital appreciation and income generation. The APBF primarily invests in a diversified portfolio of fixed income securities issued by governments, agencies, supra-nationals and corporate issuers in the Asia Pacific region.
The APBF is available as a fund allocation option for Affluence Max (USD), Manulife’s single-pay, USD-denominated back-end loaded variable life insurance product.
The APBF investment portfolio is primarily composed of fixed income securities, which can be:
- Issues of the Philippine government or Philippine government-owned or controlled corporations;
- Issues of Philippine private corporations provided their credit rating is equivalent to or better than that of the Philippine government;
- Issues of foreign governments provided they have a minimum credit rating of BB+ (S&P) or Ba1 (Moody’s); or one notch above the credit rating of the Philippine government, whichever is higher;
- Issues of foreign corporations provided they have a minimum credit rating of BBB (S&P) or Baa2 (Moody’s); or two notches above the credit rating of the Philippine government, whichever is higher.
The APBF invests in securities denominated in Asian currencies or other currencies. The APBF may use financial future contracts and forward currency contracts for hedging purposes.
DISTRIBUTION BETWEEN RATINGS
The average credit rating is A-, higher than the current ROP Bond credit rating of BB.
ASIA PACIFIC BOND FUND INDEX PERFORMANCE
*Bond Index composition:
HSBC Local Bond Index - 70%
JP Morgan Asia Credit Index (JACI) IG – 15%
Merrill Lynch Australian Gov’t Index – 10%
Merrill Lynch New Zealand Gov’t Index – 5%
**based on a 8-month YTD return
INDICATIVE DENOMINATION OF FIXED INCOME INVESTMENTS
Source: Manulife AM, Aug 31, 2011
- In need of an alternative medium-to-long term USD-denominated financial protection instrument that provides you with optimal return potential.
- Looking to diversify your USD investments to Asia Pacific markets.
- Keen on keeping your USD but at the same time want to take advantage of the expected appreciation of Asian currencies such as Chinese Yuan and Korean Won vis-à-vis the USD.
- Looking for a USD Fund that invests largely in investment-grade fixed income instruments.
Then Manulife Philippines’ ASIA PACIFIC BOND FUND is the right investment instrument for you!
APBF Fund Performance, click here...
For FAQ, click here...
For inquiries, click here...